We all want to find inspiration and motivation. However it is extremely difficult to start changing your habits and fall out of routine. So here are some tricks on how to change you life and get space for “new projects”, and today we will start with STEP 1:
THE TOTAL CLEANING!
Okay, so we cannot really get inspired if we are surrounded by mess. Moreover, how would you get new ideas if you simply do not have space for them? So the first step that will help you get motivated and inspired is cleaning your space and mind.
- Working space. First things first, if you want to find inspiration, you will need to clean your working space. Get rid of all the trash, organize it so that you have nothing extra just laying around, leave the things that make you think of your goals and dreams (for example I have a card from Paris and a magnet from Italy). Furthermore, you can have pictures of people that inspire you, or maybe quotes. So just surround yourself with things that will push you forward and increase your productivity.
- Closet cleaning. We all have tendency to keep stuff, because we think we might need it in the future, or we just do not want to throw it away. But this way our closets get full of stuff we do not use, and probably will never use. They just collect dust and create overall feeling of mess. So start with your clothes, the good rule is: everything you haven’t worn for the past 2 years has to go, everything that does not fit you anymore has to go, everything you do not like anymore but still keep has to go and all the broken clothes should be either fixed or they also have to go. You can donate clothes if they are in good condition or if they are broken you can take them to a recycling center, but anyhow get rid of them, and you will feel so fresh and ready to embrace new things. After you get rid of all the clothes you do not use anymore, you can organize your closet however suits you best, some ideas: by season, by colors, by people ( if you are not living alone). This way your wardrobe will look nice and be easy to access the clothes you need. Then you can move onto other stuff like dishes ( do you still keep some broken cups and plates?), furniture, decorations etc. Make your home look cozy, not messy. The closet cleaning will make you feel renewed, plus you can try to sell some things you do not need and get some money, which is of course always nice.
- General cleaning. Now that you got rid of extra stuff, clean you home: clean windows, wipe the dust from everywhere, vacuum and wipe the floors. Take out all the trash, recycle what is possible. Clean out fridge and freezer, kitchenware like microwave, stove etc. Organize your bathroom, throw away products you do not use and which are just laying around taking the space. Wash the carpets and all the towels. Make everything sparkling clean.
- Clean your mind. This step is the key to get out of your routine, empty your head and embrace your thoughts. We have so much going on in our brain: so many worries and thoughts. Sometimes we are just drowning in them and cannot get out. There is simple no space for new ideas and inspiration if our mind is burdened. Start doing regular walks, get some fresh air, meditate, do whatever helps to get rid of useless worries.
- Keep it that way. Now this is the most difficult part, keep your home clean and cozy, do not make extra mess. I am personally struggling with this, as it is so difficult sometimes to keep everything clean, but it is possible and I just love the look of clean home and it inspires me so much to start doing stuff.
When you are surrounded by good and clean atmosphere, it inspires you to start doing things. So if you feel like you are drowning in your routine, start with this! Get rid of the stuff that pushes you back, clean you thoughts and start moving towards the rights direction for you.
I am planning on my total cleaning this week, what about you? 🙂
May the force be with us!